.

.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Welcome to my Class

 Welcome to  Life Sciences (Biology) 11 

This course is a field course which will cover all the major phyla of life.  It is expected that you will receive most of your course content on line and we will do labs and field study in class.  You will hand in ALL assignments through Microsoft Teams.  Below are your first week of assignments.  I have set up my class so that the majority of the class notes shall be distributed on line from this blog.  

The majority of class time will be lab work (examining skulls, bacteria, plants, microscope work) and also field study (walking to Trout Lake).  My windows shall be open ALL THE TIME to give us nice fresh air  so dress warmly! 


ASSIGNMENT 1. HAND IN YOUR CONSENT FORM  /5

I would like you to hand in a consent form. It will give us the ability to walk to Trout Lake or Renfrew Ravine or Patterson Station Central Park at any time that I announce during the term.   Bring this consent form to class.

evaluation:  5 points for handing this in

As we go into SEMESTER 1, I would like to prepare for learning during the FOURTH wave of Covid 19.  I would like to remind everyone that the best way to protect one another in class is to keep our distance (2m), wash our hand frequently AND to wear a mask. 

I invite you to flatten the curve by these simple measures! We will beat the delta variant of Covid 19 together!   Further, all of my class assignments will be posted here on this blog and therefore, if anyone misses any class due to illness, or self-isolation, you can easily keep up with the work. 

SAFETY MEASURES:

- physical distance, as much as  possible in our full classes.  Avoid being in each other's space.

- wear a mask! It is MANDATORY in the VSB!  (if you have medical reasons for not wearing a mask, please have your guardian inform me) 

- no academic penalties for being home sick, with any mild illness, isolating, or +ive with covid 19

- windows shall be open in my class to admit adequate ventilation AT ALL TIMES, even in the winter. Therefore, dress accordingly.

- we can conduct class outside sometimes to do field study